Hi there! I’m Kim, your trainer for this course. Don’t hesitate to get in touch with me if you have any questions.
Even in today’s world with tectonic shifts in the media landscape, good media relations remain imperative for any business. While the scope of PR has broadened well beyond traditional news outlets, understanding the media landscape, knowing how to pitch effectively, and being adept at handling a difficult or even hostile question are all valuable skills – whether you’re dealing with a journalist of an online magazine, an influential niche blogger, a social media advocacy publicist, or a television talk show host.
In our Media Training workshop, we cover some theory about media relations, but mostly we provide an immersive experience with simulated press interviews and the tools and tricks needed to become an eloquent spokesperson and captivating storyteller for your brand.
In this workshop, you’ll learn:
- How to manage the changing media landscape – and assert influence
- How to handle the press – and build lasting relationships
- How to keep control over a message-driven vs. a question-driven interview
- How to build -and convey- strong key messages
- How to tell your brand story effectively and compellingly through simulated media interviews
In this workshop, you’ll practice:
- Warm-up interview: short, standing interview (as if at an event) with straightforward, friendly questions
- Profile interview: friendly talk show style interview with personal and topic expert questions
- Issues interview: challenging interview with suggestive, rhetorical and hostile questions about corporate and industry issues.
Format: Interactive Workshop
Target Audience: For corporate and business spokespersons and brand advocates
Duration of training: 3-8 hours depending on number of attendees
Minimum number of attendees: 1
Maximum number of attendees: 6
Advanced preparations for attendee(s)? None
Required eqipment: Camera, camera person, screen and audio to play interviews, projector or screen to show slides, flipchart and markers
Post-training materials? Personalized recommendations and interview recordings
For the price of this training or to get more information, please contact us and we will get back to you swiftly!