Umicore – Brand Alignment and Strategic Positioning
Client Name :
Type of Industry:
The stakeholders of Umicore, both at Headquarters and throughout the business units, were rationally convinced of the need to unify their disparate brands and tie themto the Umicore master-brand for the benefit of better shareholder value. Furthermore, Umicore needed assistance with helping their business units and HQ personnel execute the master-brand/sub-brand architecture with excellence, knowing it is a Best Practice of world-class brands like Umicore.
For all strategic initiatives, Mach Media implements the IMAP steps to find a solution for our clients’ challenges.
Mach Media’s assignment included:
- Validating the alignment of the WHO (Target), WHAT (Brand Promise), and HOW (Reasons to Believe) of the Umicore brand with its strategic positioning and execution
- Evolving the existing Umicore visual identity creatively, if necessary
- Demonstrating how Umicore brand identity ought to work in “new media” creatively
- Ensuring compliance of the brand identity among internal stakeholders
Whenever possible, MachMedia implements the IMAP steps to solve client needs.
- Intelligence: Organization-wide research and discovery of facts
- Integration: Synthesizing those facts and findings, and presenting Umicore with key conclusions
- Impact: The development and presentation of an action plan
- Insight: The planning and measuring of implementation
MM support included:
- Leading from start-to-finish with a positive attitude, a hands-on style, and available to Umicore at a moment’s notice
- Interpreting all existing, available research and information into meaningful insights
- Conducting primary research, end-to-end
- Distilling primary research, synthesizing all of the disparate issues into meaningful Key Findings and Conclusions
- Leveraging decades of business, marketing, branding and creative expertise to craft an effective, results-oriented Action Plan
- Communicating the Action Plan recommendations cogently and succinctly
- Inspiring action among the Leaders, stakeholders, and throughout Umicore to “be the brand”
- Coaching (ongoing) to encourage behavioral change and best practices
- Brand Identity & Design creativity at a world-class level
- Project Management with attention to detail, helpfulness, and team-play
The result was a uniform brand alignment strategy developed in the form of consolidated Brand Asset Rules (which serve as brand guidelines), and an organization-wide content management system, the Brand Asset Bank.