Mach Media is Looking for a Capable and Compassionate Human Resources Manager (Ghent, BE)
Do you enjoy finding ways to increase employee job satisfaction?
Do you have strong ideas about how to design a talent development program that supports well-defined career paths?
Are you excited by the opportunity to attract individuals to Mach Media who fit the agency’s culture, share its client philosophy and have a proven ability to deliver ideas that translate into inspired marketing communications?
Do you live within a reasonable commuting area of our offices in Ghent, Belgium?
Then apply to work with us at Mach Media!
Wait, who’s Mach Media?
Mach Media is a full-service marketing and communications agency with offices in Europe and the US. We inspire today’s executives to be tomorrow’s rock stars by helping deliver memorable and powerful communications to drive business forward.
We work closely with executive teams of global companies to solve their business challenges by creating inspired communications that make good companies GREAT!
Mach Media is a company that truly, truly C.A.R.E.S., meaning, our team is composed of people who are:
Customer-Centric, Accountable, Reliable, Essential, Solution-Oriented
Do these values resonate with you? Then we’d like to meet you.
What does a capable and compassionate HR Manager do?
- Plans, leads, directs, develops and coordinates the policies and activities of Mach Media’s Human Resources, ensuring implementation of the organization’s mission and talent strategy.
- Supports the provision of constructive and timely performance evaluations.
- Collaborates with leadership to understand the organization’s goals and strategy related to staffing, recruiting and retention.
- Recruits, interviews, hires, onboards and trains new staff.
- Administers or oversees the administration of human resource programs including, but not limited to, compensation, benefits, and leave; disciplinary matters; disputes and investigations; performance and talent management; productivity, recognition, and morale; occupational health and safety; and training and development.
- Monitors and ensures Mach Media’s compliance with federal, state and local employment laws and regulations (in Europe and in the US, supported by a US-based HR Specialist), and recommended best practices.
- Maintains knowledge of trends, best practices, regulatory changes and new technologies in human resources, talent management, and employment law; applies this knowledge to communicate changes in policy, practice and resources to management.
Who do we hope you are?
- You know how to engage employees, motivate them and raise performance levels.
- You have excellent people skills and are emotionally intelligent.
- You have at least 10 years of work experience in HR. Prior experience working in HR for an agency and/or as an HR Business Partner to a Marketing or Communications department is a big plus.
- You pay attention to detail and have strong organizational skills.
- Your time management skills are top-notch and you have a proven ability to work within deadlines.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills. Check! Strong supervisory and leadership skills. Check!
- You are fun, approachable and likeable.
- You have excellent verbal and written communication skills, as well as fantastic interpersonal and negotiation skills.
- You have a thorough knowledge of employment-related laws and regulations in Belgium.
- Given the highly dynamic world we live in and industry in which we operate, you have an ability to adapt to the needs of the organization and employees.
- You are also proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software, and have the ability to quickly learn the organization’s resource management systems.
- Finally, you are a multilingual professional – English, Dutch, and/or French, and other languages are a bonus.
And in exchange, what do we offer?
- An exciting, fast-paced, international environment.
- Your choice – self-employed or full-time employee contract, we’re flexible as long as you get the job done.
- A hybrid working model
- An inspiring, fun and flexible working environment and the chance to work with the best team in the world. Yeah, we said it.
How can you reach out?
Do you think you’re the Human Resources Manager for us? Then please send your CV and a non-boring cover letter with recent salary history to Roxane Van Maldegem: email@example.com
Submissions must be received by email, with both a cover letter and CV to be considered (after all, we need to get to know you!).
Looking forward to receiving your applications!
Mach Media makes a difference
Mach Media is committed to creating a culture that values diversity and promotes equality. Our diverse team is part of our strength. We welcome self-expression and differences in gender, cultural background, age, ethnicity, beliefs, sexual orientation and other unique abilities.
We celebrate and endeavor to provide an inclusive workplace where every employee feels heard and valued and is empowered by our innate differences, as well as by the ways in which we are similar. We believe that a more diverse environment is the cornerstone of creative and innovative thinking. It is through freedom of thought and expression that ideas flourish – and it is this philosophy that contributes to the success of our clients.
Mach Media, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Mach Media does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment decisions are based on qualifications, merit, and business need.