Copywriter/Content Creator (Ghent, BE)
Do you believe the pen can be mightier than the sword?
Have you ever replied to a text that said, “Your great!” with “*You’re”?
Are you the kind of person who shares punctuation memes?
Can you pepper keywords throughout a web page to ensure SEO results?
Can you transform dry, technical information into compelling blog posts?
Have you written inspiring, persuasive thought leadership content, such as white papers and e-books?
Can you write social media posts that raise an eyebrow and make people think?
Can you comfortably switch between UK and US spelling; between the AP and the Oxford style guides?
Does the thought of getting a press release approved after the first draft make you smile?
Can you also contribute to a wide range of other communications programs with creative ideas and strong organizational skills?
Are you proactive and curious? Do you relish working independently as well as collaboratively?
Are you looking for a rewarding position at a fast-growing, international agency that can contribute to your long-term career growth?
Do you live in Belgium, and better yet, within a reasonable commuting distance of our offices in Ghent?
Then apply to work with us at Mach Media!
Wait, Mach Media?
Mach Media is a full-service marketing and communications agency with offices in Europe and the US.
We inspire today’s executives to be tomorrow’s rock stars by helping deliver memorable and powerful communications to drive business forward.
We work closely with executive teams of global companies to solve their business challenges by creating inspired communications that make good companies GREAT!
Mach Media is a company that truly, truly C.A.R.E.S., meaning, our team is composed of people who are:
Customer-Centric, Accountable, Reliable, Essential, Solution-Oriented
Do these values resonate with you? Then we’d like to meet you.
What does a copywriter/content creator do?
- Support European and US colleagues by bringing a creative and strategic eye to content development
- Write clear, compelling and grammatically correct copy for a wide array of content including: blogs, PR, social media, websites, newsletters, white papers, ads, case studies, video scripts and more
- Interpret and adapt creative briefs into imaginative content concepts
- Create, maintain and execute an effective content schedule
- Develop and maintain a clear and consistent brand voice, for our clients as well as for Mach Media
- Conduct high-quality research and interviews
- Turn complex, technical topics into engaging, comprehensible content
- Draft persuasive calls-to-action and subject lines to increase engagement
- Edit and proofread copy written by colleagues and clients (including those whose mother tongue is not English)
- Use SEO principles to maximize reach, and optimize copy of underperforming web pages
- Engage with strategic content projects like content mapping, audits, content optimization and A/B testing
- Ensure all content follows DEI (Diversity, Equity and Inclusion) principles
- Minimal travel (10-20% per year) post-COVID
What traits and strengths do we seek in you?
- About 2 years of experience in creative and marketing writing and editing. Big bonus if you’ve worked in an agency!
- Native-level command of English: Excellent writing, editing and proofreading skills
- Precise and extreme attention to detail: Eagle-eye ability to detect content mistakes, whether spelling, grammatical, or formatting, or noticing that a client’s name is misspelled or a phone number is incorrect
- Exceptional skill with the nuances of social media writing, including the use of hashtags, emojis and acronyms
- Solid understanding of SEO concepts
- Strong research skills
- Familiarity with commonly used style guides
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- A team player who works well independently
- Self-motivated and organized with strong time management skills
- Versatility and adaptability – today’s working world changes fast
- Ability to juggle projects and prioritize like a champion
- You never forget that our rock star clients come first!
- You have a bachelor’s degree in marketing, English, PR, journalism or enough enthusiasm (and relevant skills) to make us forget that you don’t
- Belgium-based and a big plus if you are able to commute periodically to/from our Ghent office in a post-Covid environment
What else would we love?
- Digitally savvy with knowledge of digital marketing concepts and tools
- Bonus if you are a multilingual speaker – French and/or Dutch or other languages
And in exchange, what do we offer?
- An exciting, fast-paced environment, where you’ll learn from, and teach, other marketing experts working with international clients.
- Career growth in an exciting, fast-paced environment where you will be working on a lot of different, dynamic projects supporting consultants and account teams.
- A full-time position with competitive salary, benefits, bonus and flexible work options.
- The opportunity to work on international accounts across many industries, large and small (our clients rock!)
- An inspiring, fun and creative work environment and the chance to work with the best team in the world. Yeah, we said it.
How can you reach out?
Do you think you’re the Copywriter/Content Creator for us? Then please send your resume and a non-boring cover letter (include recent salary history in either document) to Roxane Van Maldegem: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please provide writing samples in your cover letter. All candidates must complete a copywriting skills test to be considered for the position.
Looking forward to receiving your applications!
MACH MEDIA MAKES A DIFFERENCE
Mach Media is committed to creating a culture that values diversity and promotes equality. Our diverse team is part of our strength. We welcome self-expression and differences in gender, cultural background, age, ethnicity, beliefs, sexual orientation and other unique abilities.
We celebrate and endeavor to provide an inclusive workplace where every employee feels heard and valued and is empowered by our innate differences, as well as by the ways in which we are similar. We believe that a more diverse environment is the cornerstone of creative and innovative thinking. It is through freedom of thought and expression that ideas flourish – and it is this philosophy that contributes to the success of our clients.
Mach Media, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Mach Media does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment decisions are based on qualifications, merit, and business need.